Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is your bed made?

On a regular basis I ask the question, Is your bed made?? You see every morning the children are supposed to follow a morning routine within their responsibility packs (affectionately called 'R' packs). In which they have an ordered routine to make their bed, get dressed, brush hair/teeth and tidy anything out of place before coming to breakfast. Well it seems lately that the 'R' packs have a new card. It reads; go play with your toys and make the biggest mess possible before starting your routine, that way it takes all morning to clean up and complete the tasks which are supposed to be accomplished. Therefore totally omitting the time allotted for school. Insert here...Is your bed made??
I have had some serious sleep issues since our fifth child has come along thus making it difficult for me to crawl out of bed at a reasonable time in the morning. I usually prefer to get up before the kids, so I can be ready to supervise and keep the littler ones on task. You see our last has reflux and in the process of getting that under control it has really messed with any sort of sleep/wake thing he should have for a 6 month old. Let's just say he wants to eat every hour...it makes him feel better. We are getting better at a schedule now that he isn't erping everything up, every time he eats!
That said, I wake up but my body keeps telling me 'NOOOOO please don't make me get up!' So by the time I finally crawl out of bed, my crew is up in full force. As usual I make my bed and head off into their rooms. Lately to find them, UH! Where else but the playroom! So I ask "Are your beds made?" NEVER-they are NEVER made! So in starts the morning to which we are cleaning instead of schooling once again!
 Today was sheet day. Ya know, take off the dirty ones and put new ones on. This is always a fiasco. All the sheets come off but no-one seems to be able to get them back on (no blame here. They do have bunks and a 4 yr old is on the bottom) They throw everything into this huge heap in the middle of their room. The heap includes...pillows,toys, stuffed animals,sheets,books-you name it! Well, this time I had to wash my eldests comforter. Courtesy of her brother who got liquid foundation all over it the day prior..that is a whole other story! All over him, the bed, the shams, his clothes...I have pictures!
Sheet exchange- well, it turned into an all day affair. The little girls comforters got mixed up. One apparently had a pee spot from where her brothers' diaper had leaked. So no-one knew which one it was (they all have matching comforters) SO, I had to wash them all! Yea! More work for me! Then while I was trying to get the sheets changed on the boys beds, my little girls (left un-supervised, are jumping off the top bunk into their 'heap' of sheets...having a grand ole' time mind you!!) So between trying to change the sheets and picking up the treasure trove of crap they had stashed in their beds, NOTHING else productive got accomplished today! Sigh....One day we will get everything back on track and I will hear "Yes Mommy, our beds are made!"

No comments:

Post a Comment